The unofficial election results are as follows:
There were 420 residents that voted in this election. The numbers are unofficial until Friday, October 22, 2021 at 12:00 p.m.
The five unofficial candidates are: Irvin Morey, Sydney Miller, Mike Wetzstein, Kevin Jones, and John Slomp.
Thank you to all those who can out to vote and support the 2021 municipal election candidates.
2021 OFFICAL LIST OF CANIDATES FOR THE TOWN OF BASSANO
The Municipal Election for the Town of Bassano will be held on Monday, October 18, 2021 – 10:00am-8:00pm at the Bassano Community Hall (610 2nd Avenue).
Advance polls will be held on October 14, 2021 – 6:00pm-8:00pm at the Bassano Community Hall and Playfair Lodge – Lodge and Dr. Scotts residents and staff ONLY.
2021-08-09 Senate Election and Referendum Proclamation (E-21-1216)
Click here for Voter Identification Requirements
NOMINATION PAPER ACCEPTANCE: Opened January 1, 2021 – closed Monday, September 20, 2021 at 12:00 PM
The 2021 municipal election is October 18, 2021. Running candidates are now official.
There are five positions to be filled.
|Candidate||Office of||Incumbent (Y/N)|
|Withdrawn – |
Who can be a candidate?
(See section 21 of the Local Authorities Election Act)
A person may be nominated as a candidate in any election under this Act if on nomination day the person:
- Is eligible to vote in that election
- Has been a resident of the Town of Bassano for the 6 consecutive months immediately preceding nomination day
- Is not otherwise ineligible or disqualified
If you are interested in becoming a candidate, you are encouraged to review the information provided in the links below. This information will help you understand the role of an elected leader.
|2021 Municipal Election Information|
|A Candidate's Guide: Running for Municipal Office in Alberta|
|Local Authorities Election Act|
|Municipal Government Act|
|Alberta Urban Municipalities Association - for general information|
|Federation of Canadian Municipalities - for general information|
Review the key bylaws, policies, and plans linked below to learn about current priorities in Bassano and operating standards.
How to become a candidate?
Review the Candidates Guide – Running for Municipal Office
Every nomination of a candidate must be:
(See section 27 of the Local Authorities Election Act)
In the prescribed form:
- Form 4 – Nomination Paper and Candidate’s Acceptance,
- Form 5 – Candidate Information and
- Release of Candidate Information.
- Form 26 – Campaign Disclosure Statement and Financial Statement
- Forms are also available at the Town Office, online by clicking the links above or email email@example.com for a digital copy.
The prescribed form must:
- Have the candidates name and address
- Be signed by at least 5 eligible electors residing in Bassano
- Be signed by the candidate
- Be sworn before a Commissioner for Oaths or Notary Public in and for Alberta
Please call the Town office at 403-641-3788 to book an appointment to submit your completed nomination papers or if you have any questions.
Remember to follow all public health guidelines when you are out campaigning, wear a mask, sanitize, and maintain a physical distance of 2-meters. Help keep yourself and our community safe during Election.