THE NEWELL REGIONAL SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT AUTHORITY LTD. IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE SAFE AND ENVIRONMENTALLY RESPONSIBLE COLLECTION OF WASTES FOR RECYCLING OR DISPOSAL AT THE REGIONAL LANDFILL. IN ORDER TO ASSIST WITH THIS GOAL PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
Operating Hours: Tuesday, Friday and Saturday 9:00am to 5:00pm
If you have any questions or concerns regarding these or any other landfill issues please call Ray Juska at 362-9567. Thank you.
- No littering, all loads must be covered or secured.
- Wastes must be sorted as directed and placed in the designated area(s).
- For health and safety reasons no scavenging.
- Children and pets must remain in vehicles while on transfer station property.
- Appliances containing freon must have a refrigerant removal sticker or a $15.00 recovery charge will be applied.
- The Authority promotes and supports recycling. Loads of clean recyclable materials may be re-directed to the local recycling depot.
- Unacceptable wastes include:
- Liquid wastes and sludges
- Used motor oil and filters
- Unrinsed and non-agricultural chemical containers
- Dead animals or animal parts
- Loose wire
- Burning or hot wastes
- Car bodies
- Hazardous waste
- Radioactive waste
- Biological or pathological waste
- Unknown or unidentifiable wastes
- Since wastes are transferred to a regional landfill the transfer station may not be able to accept large loads of construction and demolition debris or other heavy or bulky wastes. These loads may be re-directed to the regional landfill.
Newell Waste Management Website
© 2005 - 2016 The Town of Bassano