NOMINATION PAPER ACCEPTANCE: Closed Monday, September 20, 2021 at 12:00 PM
ELECTION DAY: Monday, October 18, 10:00 AM – 8:00 PM
There are five positions to be filled.
|Candidate||Office of||Incumbent (Y/N)|
|Withdrawn – |
Who can be a candidate?
A person may be nominated as a candidate in any election under this Act if on nomination day the person:
- Is eligible to vote in that election
- Has been a resident of the Town of Bassano for the 6 consecutive months immediately preceding nomination day
- Is not otherwise ineligible or disqualified
If you are interested in becoming a candidate, you are encouraged to review the information provided in the links below. This information will help you understand the role of an elected leader.
|2021 Municipal Election Information|
|A Candidate's Guide: Running for Municipal Office in Alberta|
|Local Authorities Election Act|
|Municipal Government Act|
|Alberta Urban Municipalities Association - for general information|
|Federation of Canadian Municipalities - for general information|
Review the key bylaws, policies, and plans linked below to learn about current priorities in Bassano and operating standards.
How to become a candidate?
Review the Candidates Guide – Running for Municipal Office
Every nomination of a candidate must be:
In the prescribed form:
- Form 4 – Nomination Paper and Candidate’s Acceptance,
- Form 5 – Candidate Information and
- Release of Candidate Information.
- Form 26 – Campaign Disclosure Statement and Financial Statement
- Forms are also available at the Town Office, online by clicking the links above or email firstname.lastname@example.org for a digital copy.
The prescribed form must:
- Have the candidates name and address
- Be signed by at least 5 eligible electors residing in Bassano
- Be signed by the candidate
- Be sworn before a Commissioner for Oaths or Notary Public in and for Alberta
Please call the Town office at 403-641-3788 to book an appointment to submit your completed nomination papers or if you have any questions.
Remember to follow all public health guidelines when you are out campaigning, wear a mask, sanitize, and maintain a physical distance of 2-meters. Help keep yourself and our community safe during Election.