BASSANO OUTDOOR POOL UPDATE
For immediate release
March 30, 2021
Over the past few months council has assessed the Town’s capacity to operate the outdoor pool this season and to plan around:
- Managing ongoing changes to provincial restrictions
- Appropriate level of staffing and training
- Maintain an environment that is safe and fun for users
Council recognizes the social, mental, physical, and community benefit of the outdoor pool plus, the many hours that have been spent by the community to fundraise, build, and enjoy the facility. Unfortunately, long-term planning is simply not feasible at this time and council cannot guarantee the outdoor pool will open. Risk can, however, be managed.
With that, council commits:
- To aim to operate the outdoor pool between July 1 and August 30, 2021. A final decision will be made at the May 10, 2021 council meeting.
- To begin hiring qualified summer staff to operate the outdoor pool immediately. If the outdoor pool is unable to open this season all summer staff will remain employed by the Town and will be divided into small operational teams to support the public works department with various community tasks that may otherwise never be accomplished.
We are eager to bring joy, laughter, and learning back this summer at the outdoor pool if it is safe to do so. We are committed to the development of our youth and wish to provide them with opportunities to support their skill development.
An announcement will be made after the May 10, 2021 meeting to confirm if the outdoor pool will open this season. Thank you for hanging in there with us.
2021 Summer Employment Opportunities
Summer employment applications are available for pick-up at the Town Office and on the Town website (www.bassano.ca)
All applicants must:
- Complete a summer employment application form and submit it along with your resume by April 15, 2021 to the Town Office or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Positions will be available for:
- TOB-PA-2021 – Bassano Pool Apprentice
- TOB-PJL – 2021 – Bassano Pool Junior Lifeguard
- TOB-SLG – 2021 – Bassano Pool Senior Lifeguard
We welcome Grace Beddows back this season as the pool manager.
Town of Bassano – Summer Employment Opportunity
Application deadline is April 15, 2021
The Town of Bassano aims to operate the outdoor pool between July 1 and August 30, 2021 if it is safe to do so. A final decision will be made by council on May 10, 2021. If the outdoor pool can open, the season will be shorter. If the outdoor pool is unable to open this season all summer staff will remain employed by the Town and will be divided into small operational teams to support the public works department with various community tasks.
All interested persons must complete the 2021 Summer Employment Application Form (www.bassano.ca/opportunities) and submit it with a cover letter, resume and copies of all certificates to email@example.com or drop it off at the Town Office. Summer employment opportunity start times will depend on the applicant’s availability as outlined in the Application Form.
|TOB-SLG-2021 – Bassano Pool Senior Lifeguard||TOB-PJL-2021 – Bassano Pool Junior Lifeguard||TOB-PA-2021 – Bassano Pool Apprentice||TOB-PWA – 2021 – Public Works and Beautification|
Wage/hours$15-19/hour at 40 hours per week